Contributed by @allabout_our_food
Yields 12 rolls, but depends on cabbage leaves size
For the rolls
1. 12 napa cabbage leaves
2. 300 grams minced pork
3. 4 dried shitake mushrooms. Hydrate in a cup of water, then dice. Save the water to use for making sauce.
4. 1/2 average size carrot. Peeled and diced.
5. 1/2 White pepper
6. 1 tsp minced ginger
7. 1 tbsp. abalone sauce. (Can substitute with oyster or mushroom sauce)
8. 1 tbsp. shaoxing wine (chinese cooking wine)
9. 2 tbsp. light soya sauce
10. 1 egg
1. Add shitake mushrooms, carrot, egg and all the seasonings to the pork.
Marinate for at least 30 mins.
2. Bring pot of water to boil, add a bit of oil. Blanch leaves till they soften. No need to fully cook them.
3. 1 leaf = 1 roll, but if your leaf breaks, you can mend it with another. Place a scoop of pork mixture at the lower end of the leave. Roll and then fold in the ends and roll again. just like making an eggroll. There is no need to seal them. Place the ends facing the bottom of the plate/tray.
4. Steam for 20 mins.
For the sauce
1. Fried minced garlic
2. Water from hydrating the mushrooms
3. 1 tbsp. abalone/oyster/mushroom sauce
4. A splash of shaoxing wine.
5. 1-2 tbsp. corn starch
1. In a sauce pan, add all the above except corn starch and bring to a simmer.
2. Add some water to corn starch and thicken the sauce as you like.
3. Can use the liquid from steaming the rolls if you require more sauce. (no waste!)
Garnish with coriander!
Follow us on Instagram @allabout_our_food